Some fun facts about Ireland to help you get to know the country, it’s people and their little idiosyncrasies, well some of them, you need to live there to learn them all..
- One of Irelands most popular radio shows is the weekly – and in some parts – daily obituaries. My mother never misses it.
- Over 60 Gaelic-speaking schools opened in Ireland in the last 10 years
- There are 8 times as many Polish speakers in Ireland as there are Gaelic speakers
- Northern Ireland was listed as a ‘Must See’ destination by lonely planet in 2007
- The first divorce ever granted in Ireland was in 1997
- There are more cell phones in Ireland than people
- The longest place name in Ireland is Muckanaghederdauhaulia. A village in County Galway. It means pig-marsh between 2 seas – or briny inlets – I kinds like the 1st one